Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Miss Manners...


I am usually disgusted with peoples manners in Southern California. I don't know if it's the "relaxed" thing, or if people just don't care ( pretty sure it's the latter). I often get cut in front of (on and off the road), grown men let doors shut in my face, and sadly the list could go on and on. Spending a crowded day at Disneyland is enough to make you doubt the civility of all human beings. Tonight I was reminded that manners and chivalry are not actually a thing of the past. A 7 year old boy reminded me. I was walking out of Baja Fresh, when a little boy [who was already outside] saw me, turned around, walked back, and held the door open for me. My heart melted. I thanked him profusely. He turned to his mom and gave her a thumbs up, which she returned with a "Good job Buddy!" It was a wonderful moment that made me remember that not everybody is simply looking out for themselves.

0 comments: