Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Valeria...



Today Val came over after church... It's been so weird not being able to see Val everyday like we used to, but I am so thankful that we still share church so we can stay connected! Well Val was kind enough to come over to teach me to knit! We listened to music, watched This American Life, talked about James Franco... and attempted to make pumpkin scones. Actually everything was running pretty seamlessly. We had made the dough, put it on cookie sheets, and popped them in the oven. We were cleaning up when I realized it seemed a little smoky. I asked Val if it looked smoky and she said it did a little bit. It dawned on me that the scones were still in the oven so I opened the over and was greeted by clouds of smoke! The paper we had put on the cookie sheets was burned and smoking! We had to open the doors and turn on the fan. We made it out alive, and still ate our scones:) All in all it was a great day, but this incident further confirmed to me that I should never cook.

0 comments: