Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Creamy Pistachio Pops
Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira, 2010
Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:12 hr 0 minCook Time:5 min
6 to 8 popsicles
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
4 Earl Grey tea bags
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
Handful finely chopped pistachios, plus extra for garnish
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring evaporated milk to a simmer until small bubbles form around the circumference of the pot. Meanwhile, snip the tops of the tea bags and add to the milk. Whisk in cardamom. Once the milk is simmering, turn the heat off, cover and let sit and steep for 30 minutes.
Strain the evaporated milk into a large bowl. Whisk in the condensed milk, heavy cream and pistachios. Either pour the mixture into ice pop molds, small bowls or a large bowl. Cover the bowls with a piece of plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn and the formation of a "skin". Pop them into the freezer and freeze overnight.
When you're ready to serve, run the ice pop mold under hot water to loosen it. You can do the same thing for the smaller bowls if you'd like to serve it as a little kulfi half dome. Garnish with more nuts if you like and serve.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
4) My all time favorite author is Jonathan Safran Foer. I think he's interesting, but more importantly he can make me emotional. I don't think I'm a really emotional person, so I love the fact that he can make me cry. I sobbed when I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
5) I have always wanted to be Jewish. 6) I love the name Stella and am dying to name SOMETHING Stella.
7) I think this may be my favorite dress that was EVER made. I first saw it on the OC. Marissa wore it to prom. Did I mention it's Chanel?
8) I would love to write a book one day, but am majorly lacking in inspiration.
9) Back to favorites... My favorite song is My Winding Wheel by Ryan Adams. I first heard it in London. That's the main reason it's my favorite song. It has the best memories attached to it.
12) I want to be an archaeologist. I can blame Mr. Whitaker for that one. That may also be why The Search for Whit parts 1,2, and 3 are my favorite Odysseys.
13) The sound of chewing can drive me absolutely crazy. It may be my number one pet peeve. Followed closely by people who can't stand in line correctly.
15) I love trees. My mom said that one of the first things I saw when I was born was a tree. She used to sit me under trees when I was a baby for naps too. So I guess it makes sense that I still love them now. When I see them I just want to lay under one and have someone read to me.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Isn't this cute? I would love this for my room.
We found this little gem in Arroyo Grande. It has this darling little down town area where the bakery is located. The people who run it are AMAZING! So sweet. And so far I've eaten 3 different gluten free goodies! And they said they could make me gluten free things anytime I want... I just have to call in before. Love the small town vibes!
I honestly just really liked this picture. I've been watching Freaks & Geeks again, I know - it's all I watch, but it makes me love him all the more. Can't wait to see him in Eat, Pray, Love!
I bought the new Miley CD and instantly became obsessed with this song! So good! The sound is a little strange in this recording, but she hasn't made a video yet, so what's a girl to do?
Monday, August 9, 2010
Could there be anything in the world that screams "MEGAN" more than this. I don't think so. It's the perfect gluten free alternative. The real trick will be finding a guy that thinks this is ok :)
p.s. I think this cake will go perfectly with my camp theme... check out the website (I honestly don't remember what it is, but go to Cup of Joe, then find it) because they have lots of different designs and you can choose all sorts of cheese. Mmm... makes me hungry
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
While at Walmart, I did happen to go to the movie section. I found Adventures in Babysitting! It is such an awesome movie! It was made in 1987, so it has that 80's charm a lot of movies made around the same time had. Seriously, go see it if you haven't already.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
While at Gap, I actually had a hard time finding something that was not on sale (in order to get the discount, the item had to be full price). I did discover these little gems though! Pardon the picture quality. I just thought they were quite possibly the most glamorous moccasins in existence. And even better than that, they are comfy and fit my pitting edema foot :)
After my successful shopping trip, we found this awesome little food place called Mondeo (or something like that). My friend Veronica had actually pointed it out a while ago, and said that it was amazing. She was so right! It had a very casual environment, but the food was awesome. We started with sweet potato chips (which were a little warm and chewy in the center! Yum!), and I had Swordfish with rice and veggies in a butter macadamia sauce!
- Random thoughts for the day...
- Aarti Party...
- I Like This...
- Something new...
- Dreaming Again...
- New GG Season...
- Work of Art...
- Currently Obsessed With...
- Pretty Sure...
- Cheese Cake...
- Adventures in Walmart...
- Penguin Classics...
- LOVE my adventuremate...
- Family Outing...
- I Die...
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2009 (105)
- I quit my job in the central coast to be closer to family in the desert. I'm using this time as a sabbatical... I want to do all the things I couldn't do with a full time job... I hope to document my travels, discoveries, and adventures...