Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th...


Yes, it is independance day. But in my family, 4th of July is better know as the day I ruined. Yes it's true, I did ruin one 4th of July... Let me try to explain...
The 4th of July I ruined was the last one we lived in VA. We were in the process of selling our house, and i was basically mourning the move to come. I did not have much time left with my friends, so i was spending every ppssible second with them. That happened to involve me going to the movies several times during that week. Well, on the 4th, my family decided to go to the movies to see a movie I did not want to see. I told them that I would be sitting out. I wanted to stay home until we had plans later that night to meet up with our friends the Williams at a BBQ restaraunt. My mom told me that I had to go... and this is when it started. I basically refused to go to the movies and it became a battle of the wills between my mom and I. After quite the battle, my dad basically played peacemaker and they left me at home to go to the movies (they ended up being late and missing the movie.. ha) To make a long story short, I ended up having a grand time with my friends at dinner while the rest of the family was upset with me... we obviously made it through this :) But today will go down in history as the holiday I ruined! I simply DID. NOT. WANT. TO. GO. TO. THE. MOVIES.

1 comments:

{shelly} said...

stubborn brat! do you remember the movie??