Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hannibal Lecter...

For someone who loves scary movies, I have not seen some of the most infamous. I just finished reading Silence of the Lambs, but have yet to see the movie. I must say, solely from what I heard about the movie, I expected something completely different. I think what I got was actually much better than I thought. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was right up my alley though : Clarice was a Behavioral Scientist in training (I was a Behavioral Science major), she lived in Virginia (I'm from VA), and she was tracking a serial killer (sadly I have never done that, but I've watched movies & read a lot about serial killers). It was also a lot less scary than I thought it would be. While it definitely had that creep factor that I hoped for, I was completely fine reading it at night in a room by myself. I was also very surprised at how little of a role Hannibal Lecter played in the whole story. He was of course a prominent character, but his role played out very differently than I thought it would (again this all according to my limited knowledge about the movie). All in all, very interesting story, a little gruesome, but totally worth it in my opinion. Now I have to see the movie and see how they ruined the story :)

1 comments:

{shell} said...

of COURSE they ruined it...no movie is EVER as good as the book...but they do take a whole lot less time to finish :)
oh and i'm not surprised you love it - include the serial killer concept and you're basically hooked - let's be honest - you're a sucker for creepy!