Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Recap...

First, I have to say that I am so sad award season is over... It's been so fun & I've actually seen a lot of the movies that were nominated/won (I should plan on doing that every year)... I thoroughly enjoyed the Oscars though. Genae came over, we drank champagne, ate dessert & commented on all the dresses & attendees! Let's get started with the most important part of the Oscars - the dresses!

Hailey Steinfeld wins for my best dressed award. I LOVED her dress! I also love that she had a hand in designing it. If I designed a dress for the Oscars when I was 14, it certainly wouldn't have been that fabulous. I thought her look was perfect for the evening & for her age.

A close second was Natalie. She looked gorgeous. The color of her gown is absolutely amazing! I think she definitely deserved the win for best actress as well. Her speech was darling.

And I'll give Mila my 3rd place. I loved the color & thought it was a really pretty choice overall.

Now that we have the dresses out of the way we can talk about the actual award show. I was SO HAPPY Christian Bale won best supporting actor! His speech was amazing! I honestly can only see him as Laurie from Little Women. Love love love!

Random - did you notice that Busy Phillips was sitting next to Michelle Williams??? Genae noticed first & we had to rewind just to made sure! For those of you who don't know, Busy Phillips is Kim Kelly on Freaks & Geeks (and she was on Dawsons Creek). I was so pumped to see her!

Speaking of Freaks & Geeks, let's talk about our host James Franco. I know everyone is bashing them, but I thought he did a great job! I thought the opening was hilarious. James looked so over Anne Hathaway the whole time (which I think we can all agree on). I also loved watching his facial expressions. You could tell he was so over it all (and probably high).
All in all it was a wonderful evening! Can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

Jeanna Bautista said...

That's what I said! James so had to be high!!! haha

I LOVED natalie's dress! So perfect for her! I loved even more realizing she is preggo!
I think next year, I'm going to go visit you and join your oscar party okay?

{shell} said...

oooh we have two the same!
natalie was definitely up there on the best dressed list!