Thursday, April 7, 2011

My True Style...

I am in the process of decorating my new office. They are painting it tomorrow, so I'm starting to really gather things & try a find a focus. I love dreaming & designing rooms in my head, and I had some basic ideas in my head when we hit World Market tonight... I'm working in the youth building, so I wanted it to be bright & fun, but still reflect a professional office setting. Then I realized that I couldn't get away from my own style when I found this gem...

Yes, I bought a pillow with a hot pink parrot on it. Does it say professional? Absolutely not. But it does scream "Megan"!!! (after all, my favorite ride at Disneyland is the Tiki Room!) After brief consideration, I decided it was much more important to create an environment that I loved than one that I thought looked "professional" (trust me my coworkers don't care). I don't know how everything else will turn out yet, but I know I will at least LOVE this pillow.


0 comments: