Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions...


I don’t generally do this. I think the last New Years resolution that I made was to read more books. That’s the way to really do it. Pick something you already like to do and just try to increase that. I’m going to actually throw a real one out there this year. It’s finally time. I’ve decided that this is going to be the year I learn to cook! My cooking abilities are really pretty sad when I think of how old I am. I cook maybe 3 things a year that do not come of the freezer or a box . I have finally accepted the fact that I will not be rich and have a personal chef, and because of my (annoying) dietary restrictions, most people are scared to cook for me at all. I actually love the idea of cooking. The Food Network is one of our faves, as are shows like Top Chef. If I’m being completely honest I also think that once I conquer some of my culinary fears, I will truly enjoy the process. All that being said, this is what it is going to look like. By January of next year I want to be able to cook at least 10 things! I know, I know… shoot for the stars! If I don’t set some sort of goal I won’t even try, and if I set my goal to high I won’t even try. So I’ve chosen 10 things (either theme or ingredient) that I like to eat, can eat, and think I can master. They are: Eggs, Potatoes, Soup, Veggies (side), Veggies (main), Dessert, Appetizer, Mexican, Italian, and French (I’m going to need Ina’s help for that one!). I’m actually a little excited, and a little nervous. I will have to get over my fear of raw fish, fish in general, raw mushrooms, my hands smelling like onions/garlic/citrus, slicing, mayonnaise, and any dessert that doesn’t come from a box! I will keep updating my progress!

1 comments:

val rangel said...

This makes me sooo proud!!! You should invite me over when you cook you're first meal:)