Monday, January 3, 2011

Gone With The Wind...


I have finally finished reading Gone With The Wind. I'll admit I was dragging my feet a bit on finishing this one because I was enjoying it so much. Let me give you a little history of my love for this story. Gone With The Wind is my grandma's favorite movie. Every time we would come out to CA to visit her we would have movie days where we had delicious snacks & watched it. She always made a really fun event from these movie days. So my love affair with this story started long ago. Reading the book was such a different experience though. Margaret Mitchell is really an outstanding writer. I wanted to savor every bit of it, even though the movie is fairly accurate to the book (with a few differences of course). So, I have entered that post-great book depression. One of my favorite things about this book is of course the characters. Scarlett does some truly terrible things, but I found myself justifying her & rooting for her. I think that's the sign of a really great character. And sadly I identified with her & Rhett more than I would like to admit :) I can't wait to watch the movie again & have an even greater appreciation of this epic story.
p.s. One of my proudest moments was in 11th grade history, we watched Gone With The Wind & took a test on it. I got 108% which was the highest grade in the class! My grandma put it on her fridge!

1 comments:

{shell} said...

you finished. yikes bikes. i better get on finishing the Help! I'm almost to page 400 I think...so i must be close. what is first up on our list? I didn't check the link yet...