Saturday, February 7, 2009

Library Scented Perfume???


There is this new website called I Hate Perfume and they have some "unconventional" scents.  One of my personal favorites is called In The Library.  Here is the makers description:

I love books, particularly old ones. I cannot pass a second hand bookshop and rarely come away without at least one additional volume. I now have quite a collection!

Whenever I read, the start of the journey is always opening the book and breathing deeply. Don't you find there are few things more wonderful than the smell of a much-loved book? Newly printed books certainly smell very different from older ones. The ink is so crisp. I've also noticed that books from different periods & different countries also have very different smells. And then there are the scents of different bindings: leather is marvelous of course but I find a peculiar pleasure in musty worn clothbound books as well. Perhaps just a hint of mildew!

The main note in this scent was copied from one of my favorite books – I happened to find a signed first edition of this novel a few years ago in London. I was more than a little excited because there were only ever a hundred in the first place!

I don't know that I'd particularly want to smell like a book... but it would be great as  a room spray... and it might be interesting if a guy wore it!  Some of the other scents they have are 

"Smoke", "November", "The Beach", and "Memory of Kindness".  I'm a little intrigued...

0 comments: