Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birthday Celebration...

Last week I was lucky enough to celebrate my dear friend, Kenz's, 25th birthday! As is tradition, Kenz, Shelly, & I celebrated together. For this years adventure, Kenz decided we should trek out to Pasadena to go to the Norton Simon Museum.

Before we headed out, we tried our best to embarrass Kenz. It's become a tradition to wear something dumb for her bday. She's used to us by now though & doesn't embarrass easily :) I actually think her headband looks a bit like a crown - which is very fitting for the bday girl to wear!

We had a great time looking around the museum. I have to say some of the people were as interesting as the art... We had the seriously scary museum worker who was pacing & talking to himself & the art snob that judged Shelly & I the entire time. Let me explain, I told Shelly a very dumb joke about Degas, Shelly thought it was funny - but art snob DID NOT! To make matter worse, he overheard Shelly saying something in the gift store & gave us judging looks again! He was my favorite.

Shelly was piffed (ha) that this was considered art...

Love this pic!

Kenz picked out a SUPER FUN restaurant for dinner. It was so good! The best part of the whole dinner was being serenaded by the mariachi band! They were seriously awesome. Perhaps my favorite part of the amazing evening!


1 comments:

{shell} said...

it was a SUPER fun night...now we have to dream up a celebration for my birthday...hmm...

ps i really DO want to come visit in April, so check your calendar! WOOT!