Thursday, March 17, 2011

Old Time Radio...

One of my recent Leisure World finds was a pack of 30 tapes of all sorts of old radio mystery shows. I've been slowly making my way through them & I am loving them so much! I really think we should incorporate radio into our lives more! The first tape was stories from The Black Museum (insert creepy noises here) starring Orson Welles. Amazing. I loved it! It starts out every episode with Orson Welles saying this:
"This is Orson Welles, speaking from London. Here in the grim stone structure on the Thames that houses Scotland Yard is a warehouse full of souvenirs, where everyday objects - a skipping rope, a glass, an iron, a stepladder - are all touched by murder."
Then they go on to introduce whatever the murder weapon is for that weeks story & tell the story after. The stories have been really good so far & I can't wait to listen to the rest of my 30 tapes :)
p.s. My set of tapes was such a bargain! It was a brand new set that sold in store for $59.99... I got them for $1.00! I love you LW!

0 comments: