Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something new...

I found this 30 day blog challenge and thought it would be interesting to take some of their ideas. I don't generally have difficulty thinking of things to write about, but I thought this would get me to blog about things I don't normally blog about. I'm not going to do all of them, but I thought some of them were pretty good ideas. I'm actually going to start with one of the last days suggestions... 15 random facts about me! I'm going to try to make them obscure though, not things that everyone would be able to answer about me without even having to think. So, here we go.
1) My family nickname is Missy Tutu. When I was little I wore my Tutu EVERYWHERE.


2) I LOVE favorites. I get really irritated with people who can't pick favorites. I make myself pick favorites even if I like things equally. For some (neurotic) reason, I have to have a favorite everything.
3) I really like art. I don't consider myself a connoisseur by any means though. I basically like what I like. I really love sketches. DaVinci sketches are my favorite and I love architectural drawings. I also love impressionism.

4) My all time favorite author is Jonathan Safran Foer. I think he's interesting, but more importantly he can make me emotional. I don't think I'm a really emotional person, so I love the fact that he can make me cry. I sobbed when I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.


5) I have always wanted to be Jewish.

6) I love the name Stella and am dying to name SOMETHING Stella.

7) I think this may be my favorite dress that was EVER made. I first saw it on the OC. Marissa wore it to prom. Did I mention it's Chanel?


8) I would love to write a book one day, but am majorly lacking in inspiration.

9) Back to favorites... My favorite song is My Winding Wheel by Ryan Adams. I first heard it in London. That's the main reason it's my favorite song. It has the best memories attached to it.


10) I honestly think I could win Survivor. I took the Strengths Finder test and my first strength was Strategic. My second was Adaptability, and the other 3 all had to do with being able to read people. The test did nothing to help me in my job, but confirmed I would be able to Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast.


11) I watch the History channel. I'm really interested in Roman history and early American history.

12) I want to be an archaeologist. I can blame Mr. Whitaker for that one. That may also be why The Search for Whit parts 1,2, and 3 are my favorite Odysseys.
13) The sound of chewing can drive me absolutely crazy. It may be my number one pet peeve. Followed closely by people who can't stand in line correctly.

14) I love repetition. I could watch the same movie hundreds of times without getting sick of it. I could also listen to the same song for days and still love it. When I was little I watched Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken everyday for like a year.

15) I love trees. My mom said that one of the first things I saw when I was born was a tree. She used to sit me under trees when I was a baby for naps too. So I guess it makes sense that I still love them now. When I see them I just want to lay under one and have someone read to me.




3 comments:

{shelly} said...

oh my gosh I LOVED this! SO FUNNY! seriously SO FUNNY!!! love that you are convinced your spiritual gifts include winning survivor! we could do it - we're good at being dirty! we would miss tv though- but we'd really prove our television athleticism when we got home and watched for like 2 weeks straight. we'd have to ask cabana dad to bring us starbucks...we won't be budging from the couch!
i can't wait to meet your small child named stella (or elton if he comes first) and it is not at ALL surprising that your favorite dress was first spotted on the OC. HOW APPROPRIATE!
you're amazing Gan! ps i must admit it was really fun for me to know almost all of these! i love it when that happens. true friends. loveyou!

{shelly} said...

i told steven about you and survivor and he couldn't stop laughing! LOVE IT!

Megan said...

Wow... Steven and I will have to have a little talk... Can't believe he's doubting my mad survival skills :)